Announcing the recipients of the 2017 #PRitforward grants
Today’s the day! Finally, we get to announce the selected recipient of the Hearsay #PRitforward grant. But spoiler alert: there isn’t just one, there’s five! With so many wonderful nonprofits doing such amazing things, how could we ever pick just one?
If you haven’t heard about our #PRitforward grant yet, let us fill you in. Back in August, we announced that we’d be offering pro bono public relations counsel to help nonprofits.
In addition to a PR strategy and access to a group of PR rock stars who will be serving as advisors, winners also may receive social media analysis, community engagement plans, event planning guidance, and more. companies, and b-corporations take their organization to the next level.
We looked for charitable organizations and individuals (anyone over the age of 15 could apply) who making a difference and doing something great for their community.
After receiving more than 500 applications, we somehow managed to narrow that number down to five stellar candidates who we feel certain are going to make a difference.
The recipients of our first #PRitforward grants are:
- volunTEENnation: Led by youth, a volunteer platform that activates, mobilizes, and connects youth with volunteer opportunities, resources, and grants to get involved and help promote positive change in the world.
- Senior Services Solutions Plus: Ensures that seniors can remain independent and living in their homes for as long as possible by providing support, meals, and transportation.
- Community Bridges: Empowers girls from diverse backgrounds to become exceptional students, positive leaders, and healthy, young women.
- Center for Pet Safety: Driven to provide an enduring, positive impact on the survivability, health, safety, and well-being of companion animals and the consumer through scientific research and product testing.
- Diamond in the Rough Youth Development Program: Offers a variety of preventative programs and enrichment activities designed to build self-esteem, character, and leadership among girls ages eight to 14.
Want to learn how you can help our #PRitforward grant recipients or stay in the know on how they are doing? Sign up for exclusive Hearsay content.