We're hiring - Come work at Hearsay
We're hiring! A rare spot has opened up on our Hearsay team, and we're looking for talented and enthusiastic interns. Are you talented, enthusiastic, creative, and eager to learn? Then we want to hear from you!
To be considered follow the application instructions provided after reading the detailed job description below:
- Send email to email@example.com
- In the subject heading write “Public Relations Intern”
- In the email, please include:
- A cover letter stating why you're interested in this role
- An attached copy of your resume showcasing your qualifications
Hearsay, a boutique communications company based in San Diego, Calif., focused on health, fitness, endurance and lifestyle brands is seeking a hard-working communications professional to join its growing team. In this role, the Public Relations Intern will assist with the implementation of public and media relations initiatives to support a variety of clients in Hearsay’s nationwide portfolio. This position is virtual. Some travel may be required.
Examples of Work Performed
Working under direction from the Hearsay team, the Public Relations Intern will:
- Assist Hearsay with day-to-day activities and event day media operations while learning the intricacies of health, fitness, and lifestyle communications.
- Cultivate relationships with local, regional, and national media outlets to proactively pitch active lifestyle, health, and fitness stories and aggressively respond to inquiries and information requests.
- Assist with the production of all Hearsay client press materials, including drafting and editing of text.
- Track media outreach and assist with coverage reports and event-specific recap documents.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or public relations or related course work. In-school students will be considered.
- Excellent writing skills, including writing news releases, case histories, and feature articles.
- Proven work with the media, pitching, in interviews, and on camera.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to write persuasive copy.
- Eagerness to learn.
- Previous public relations internships encouraged.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with a high attention to detail.
- Ability to operate a personal computer.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning and contributing as part of a team.
- Proactive, energetic personality; inquiring, investigative mind.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and recommend solutions.
- Knowledge of and proven success in designing and implementing results-oriented public relations strategies, best practices and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.